IMBA Community Code of Conduct
Rule number one: we all think mountain biking is awesome.
IMBA is dedicated to providing a safe and welcoming experience for mountain bikers. The IMBA community and moderation guidelines exist to make this a safe, respectful and useful destination for all community members. We DO NOT tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form.
IMBA will moderate by the following guidelines:
- Any activity, comment, post or other interaction that you have with this community may be moderated by the moderators of this community, with or without explanation.
- IMBA has the final decision on what is and isn’t acceptable use of this community.
- In the event that you have a disagreement with a moderation decision, please contact us and enter into a discussion.
- Moderators use their best judgment to apply IMBA’s community guidelines in a fair way and moderate activities appropriately to ensure the overall health of this community.
- IMBA will not engage in personal attacks.
We ask that the IMBA community read these guidelines and act according to them:
- Remember that people are generally passionate about defending their beliefs and thoughts.
- Accept that other community members have different thoughts and beliefs to you and respect for all members is required.
- If you are providing commentary, rebuttals or feedback please keep your comments positive and constructive.
- In many cases, you are arguing about ‘opinion’, and there may not be an objectively right or wrong answer.
- Disagree with and discuss content and posts, not the people making them.
- This includes all past and present IMBA employees and it’s designees.
- Publicly misrepresenting our organization’s work will not be tolerated.
This code of conduct applies to all IMBA spaces, including but not limited to: IMBAs online community platforms, webinars and trainings, social media, IMBA workshops, community engagement programs, trade shows, mountain biking festivals and events. Anyone who violates this code of conduct may be sanctioned or expelled from these spaces at the sole discretion of International Mountain Bicycling Association.
Some IMBA spaces may have additional rules, which will be made clearly available to participants. Participants are responsible for knowing and abiding by these rules.